Walktober 2019 Challenge
Walktober 2019 and the NHS’s “Five Steps to Wellbeing”
“Walktober” has been themed around the NHS’s “Five Steps to Wellbeing”.
Evidence suggests that these are five steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing:
- Connect– Have a fun day out, walking with family and friends, playing games together on your walk and collecting up treasures from nature to take home with you
- Be active– Make activity part of your everyday – walk, cycle, scoot or Park and Stride to school or work, go for a lunchtime stroll, play ball in the park or walk a friend’s dog with them
- Keep learning– Go for a walk somewhere you haven’t been before, perhaps around a park, garden or historical site
- Be mindful– Think about your surroundings during your walk and be at one with nature
- Give to others– Take a friend for a walk, volunteer at a local garden or do a sponsored walk for charity.
There are lots of prizes to be won by schools and families and plentiful ideas to make your walking more enjoyable and beneficial to your wellbeing. Walktober is supported by Hampshire County Council, Southampton City Council, Hampshire Trailblazers and Go Jauntly.
This year the focus is on the positive impact that walking has on our mental wellbeing. A series of walking challenges have been created to help you discover these benefits and walk to wellbeing throughout October and beyond!
Take one or more of our walking challenges and you'll be entered into an amazing prize draw!
Follow the link below for more information: